Wheelchair John blog
Wheelchairjohn.com is John’s blog about living life with a disability as a Christian.
He has a few goals for the blog:
- Visitors with a disability can get ideas, encouragement, and motivation for their own lives.
- The community to have a better understanding of living with a disability.
- To share how Faith has assisted John to deal with acquiring a disability.
“Life isn’t about what happens to you. Life is about how you respond to what happens to you.”
John admits “Wheelchairjohn” is a poor way of describing himself, as he is “John Duthie” who uses a wheelchair, who has a spinal injury, and chronic pain, and many other things.
However, “Wheelchairjohn” is easy to remember and sounds better than “Johnwheelchair”, or “Johninawheelchair” or other combinations.
So “Wheelchairjohn” it is, and you can visit the site here or view the posts below.
Wheelchair John blogs
- Catheter Failure
- Sefton Plaza Accessibility
- Freezing carrots for cooking
- Having a disability involves creative solutions
- Alive and not Kicking (a sample from my memoir)
- Carers, Cats, Care plans and Commonsense (or lack thereof)
- Disability Care Plan
- Jasmine and Bailey’s Wedding
- Driving after my bins are emptied
- My painful and shitty weekend
- Published my first book ‘The Eighteen Point Five’
- In remembrance of Joyce Dorothy Duthie
- Prospect Council Accessibility
- Life Church Ingle Farm – An Inaccessible church if you use a wheelchair
- Australia Post accessibility
- Scentre Group accessibility in a wheelchair – my audit
- Westfield accessibility in a wheelchair and my bumpy ride
- Visiting the Doctor is dangerous to my health and my wheelchair
- RAA wheelchair road service – getting you and your wheelchair home
- Keep SATSS Taxi Subsidy, as the NDIS isn’t providing enough funding
- SCI driving in my black beast. How I drive independently anytime anywhere
- Disability Humour. Living with a disability needs humour (and a few pranks)
- Adelaide Fringe Accessibility in a powered wheelchair
- How not to travel to the Adelaide Fringe via Adelaide Access Taxis
- No More Christian Nice Guy – a book by Paul Coughlin.
- Tithing Then and Now – do we tithe like the Israelites?
- Wheelie Good Cruises but PWD may pay twice as much!
- Botanic Park accessibility issues while at the Bon Jovi Concert in Adelaide
- SCI bowel management – my 2.5 hours down the toilet
- Joni Eareckson Tada, your SCI is NOT a test by God
- The Lucky Country – why do so many Australians complain?
- Court Accessibility at the Sir Samuel Way Building
- The bad experience with a Real Estate agent
- Disability stock photographs by Shutterstock
- Adelaide Festival Centre Accessibility – using restrooms should be easy
- Forgiveness towards Cedar College and the future (part 7)
- Cedar College and my relationship issues & Public Liability lawsuit (part6)
- Safework SA Prosecution finds Cedar College guilty (part5)
- Safework SA and Cedar College hear victim impact statements (part4)
- Fallen Tree at Cedar College and now lies & withdrawing help (part3)
- Spinal Cord Injury Cedar College Northgate and now no visits (part2)
- Cedar College Northgate – sports day and tree (part1)
- Australian Human Rights Commission – asking for help with accessibility
- Child Sponsorship Program – Compassion is a great choice
- Spinal Cord Miraculous Healing in Australia – my search for the healed
- Biblical Pain – What does the Bible say about pain?
- SCI Sleeping Tips with a Spinal Cord Injury (part 2)
- Paraplegia Sleeping Tips with a Spinal Cord Injury (part 1)
- Wheelchair accessible taxi – catching a cab shouldn’t be this difficult
- Carpet Court Review – people in wheelchairs are customers too
- Pressure Sore Prevention and my experience acquiring a pressure sore
- Focus on Ability Film Festival – book project ‘MY disABILITIES’
- Dignity Party SA – Why I am contesting the seat of Torrens
- Stop bullying, how I did it, and it took courage and action
- Midnight Oil World Tour – “The Great Circle Tour 2017”
- Wheelchair accessibility of toilets and car parking – do you need to use it?
- Wheelchair Travel Tips in Australia (Midnight Oil Tour)
- Immersion Therapy – physically and mentally exhausting a wheelchair user
- Chronic Pain Management – 6 ways to limit the pain you experience
- Disabled Jokes – Is it ok to tell jokes about people with disabilities?
- Esther Simbi – disability doesn’t equate to inability – speech video and text
- Cedar College tree accident – reflections on the 8th anniversary
- Ticketek Accessible Needs Hotline – 200 phone calls and still no tickets
- History of disability – How people with a disability were treated by society?
- Disability Book Project – ‘MY disABILITIES’ – an exciting new book project